Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (2)

Hosted by MizB @ Should Be Reading

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My teaser:  "All these measured manifestations, all these repressed emotions- what considerate liars we all are, being so civilized." 

Taken from: 13, rue Therese by Elena Mauli Shapiro

 


10 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Sounds intriguing. Love the book cover. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books
http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/01/teaser-tuesday.html

Anonymous said...

Very interesting. I just went to Goodreads to see what this book is about. Like the commenter above me, I also love the cover!

I am a new follower, happy Tuesday ♥

http://girlinterruptedbybooks.blogspot.com/2011/01/teaser-tuesday.html

Kelly said...

Interesting teaser, not heard of this book before, I'm definitely going to look into it, thanks for the teaser! :)

TheBookGirl said...

I have this book up next on my TBR pile...hope you are enjoying it!

BLHmistress said...

considerate liars um does that really make us civilized?

My Teaser Tuesday

Cindy said...

sounds like a good one...the cover is beautiful!

kavyen said...

Considerate Liars.. Some description :) Loved your teaser.
Here is mine
http://readingbetweenpages.wordpress.com/2011/01/25/teaser-tuesday-jan-25th-2011/

A Journey in Reading said...

I fell in love with the cover when I saw it. I am also loving the story... Hope you all get a chance to read it.

Thanks for stopping by!!

Lark Andrea said...

Love your teaser!

Reading Lark's Teaser

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

Sounds pretty true of society. I've seen this one around a lot!