Friday, January 7, 2011

Review: Water For Elephants

water for elephants


I can say that this is one of the few books that I have ever given 5 stars to. When I see a book that catches my attention, I do look at the ratings, but take that with a grain of salt. Everyone has different tastes.

I loved this book because of Jacob. He was an great character, I loved going back to his 93 yr old self, or 90 yr old self, I can't remember.... his thoughts were so funny at times. And who couldn't love Rosie with her raiding the vegetable garden and her amber eyes. I do think that Marlena could have been written a little stronger, but again, it was the 30's.

After I finished this book, and I wanted to read it again....

I'll send you a postcard! 
 
 


3 comments:

Playing Librarian said...

It's been in my TBR list for too long, almost forgotten about it. Thanks for reminding me that it's about time I should read the book =)

A Journey in Reading said...

You're welcome! Let me know what you think of Jacob :)

Ordinary Reader said...

Hi. I found you on the hop. I've been hearing a lot about "Water For Elephants", but you've finally convinced me to read it. Moving it up in my tbr now. Thanks for the review!