Saturday, January 15, 2011

On My Wishlist (2)

On My Wishlist is a weekly meme hosted by Book Chick City. Whether it be books that are old, new or have yet to come out, they are books that you desperately want.   Mine for this week are:


Synopsis from Goodreads:  


Incarceron is a prison unlike any other: Its inmates live not only in cells, but also in metal forests, dilapidated cities, and unbounded wilderness. The prison has been sealed for centuries, and only one man, legend says, has ever escaped.
           
Finn, a seventeen-year-old prisoner, can’t remember his childhood and believes he came from Outside Incarceron. He’s going to escape, even though most inmates don’t believe that Outside even exists. And then Finn finds a crystal key and through it, a girl named Claudia.
           
Claudia claims to live Outside—her father is the Warden of Incarceron and she’s doomed to an arranged marriage. If she helps Finn escape, she will need his help in return. But they don’t realize that there is more to Incarceron than meets the eye. Escape will take their greatest courage and cost far more than they know.
           
Because Incarceron is alive.



Synopsis from Goodreads: 


Dan North knows from early childhood that his family is different — and that the differences are secrets that can never be told.  This contemporary Urban Fantasy introduces the North family, a clan of mages in exile in our world, and their enemies who will do anything to keep them locked here. 








Synopsis from Goodreads: 

Meet the Radleys
Peter, Helen and their teenage children, Clara and Rowan, live in an English town. They are an everyday family, averagely dysfunctional, averagely content. But as their children have yet to find out, the Radleys have a devastating secret
From one of Britain’s finest young novelists comes a razor-sharp unpicking of adulthood and family life. In this moving, thrilling and extraordinary portrait of one unusual family, The Radleys asks what we grow into when we grow up, and explores what we gain – and lose – when we deny our appetites.  


8 comments:

BLHmistress said...

I heard the Radley's is really good I wanna read that one as well, and same with Incarceron too . Great choices this week, hope you get to read them. Happy Weekend.

On My Wishlist

Ing said...

Incarceron sounds very dark! Hope you get to read these books soon!

Have a great weekend.

As the Pages Turn Blog

Cait @ Love Letters said...

Incarceron looks really good. I've seen the cover before, just never taken the time to read what it's about. Will definitely add it to my list as well!

Sam said...

I saw The Radley's and thought that looked interesting. I can't remember where I saw it though!

Happy reading!

pussreboots said...

Incarceron and The Radleys are both on my list. Ten new wishes added to my wishlist. Some of them are belated Christmas wishes.

samantha.1020 said...

I read Incarceron last year and really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to reading the sequel Sapphique at some point soon. Hope you enjoy these when you get to them!

Unknown said...

I read The Radleys last year and it's a terrific book! Hope you get to read it soon :)

Miss Page-Turner said...

Thanks for visiting! Incarceron is on my wishlist,too but somehow I don't get to buy+ read it... Hope you both get it very soon. Have a nice Sunday:)