Thursday, March 3, 2011

Mark Your Calendars!

readathon-button-from-book-addict



The date has been set for April 9, 2011.  What is the read-a-thon you ask???  It is a group of readers who for one 24 hour period do nothing but what we love to do: READ!!!!  Also, post about what you are reading, your progress, get encouragement, etc.

I haven't had my blog for long, but I have followed book blogs for years.  This particular read-a-thon was started by Dewey in 2007 who was a staple in the book blogging world.  She later passed away in 2008, but her memory and all that she did in the book blogging world remains with us all.  This is a way to remember and honor her. 

Now, if you don't have time to commit to reading for 24 hours, you can always be a cheerleader for those who are.  Click on the photo above to be taken to the sign-up page, and wander through the pages dedicated to this event.

Hope you will join in the fun!!! 


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like fun! I work on weekends, but I pretty much read most of my shift anyways, so I'm going to try to join in :o)

LRAtRandom said...

It does sound like fun, I'm going to give it a go!