Thursday, March 10, 2011

Did You Guess??


This is a feature that will be posted twice weekly on Mondays and Thursdays.  The idea is to spotlight authors from all genres and to possibly introduce you to new authors.
 
Did you guess correctly on the author featured on Monday?? 
Here are the clues again....
 
 
--I was born into nobility
--My family home still contains our library with over 20,000 books
--I served in the military
--I did not marry until I was 34
--I fathered 12 children with my wife, who I was married to for 48 years
--I was excommunicated from the Roman Catholic Church
--Believed in non-violence and peace
 
I am: 

Leo Tolstoy 1828-1910
 
 
 
 

Leo Tolstoy was a Russian novelist, philosopher, Christian anarchist, pacifist, educational reformer, vegetarian, moral thinker and an influential member of the Tolstoy family. Tolstoy is widely regarded as one of the greatest of all novelists, particularly noted for his masterpieces War and Peace and Anna Karenina; in their scope, breadth and realistic depiction of Russian life, the two books stand at the peak of realistic fiction. As a moral philosopher he was notable for his ideas on nonviolent resistance through his work The Kingdom of God is Within You, which in turn influenced such twentieth-century figures as Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King, Jr.

 **Info taken from Wikipedia; ArtInThePicture; & The Literature Network.
 
*******************************************

Thursday edition:  Can you guess who I am? 
 
--Born in Michigan; child of an immigrant
--I have lived in Europe
--I worked in the music industry
--I have been to 41 countries & 6 continents
--I teach at a university
--I love Emily Bronte

Who Am I?
 
Tune in Monday to find out..........



No comments: