Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Review: A Game of Thrones


Wow....... I have to admit that I am not the person who reads something just because "everyone else is reading it". I have only seen 2 or 3 episodes of the 1st season of the show. So, needless to say, I am behind the game.

This story has war, love, family, hatred, manipulation, cunning, plotting, heartache, dragons, knights, kings, queens lords and ladies. As you are alternating characters in each chapter, you think you have some things figured out, then by the end of the chapter, you are thrown a huge twist.

The characters you start off hating, they begin to grow on you, the ones you like, you begin to hate, the ones who seem weak become the strong, the strong become the weak. They are always changing and you see them in a new light and you never know who can be trusted. Some, I am still not sure about.

There are TONS of characters, so it takes a bit for it to get going and to keep them all straight. There are parts that drag a little just due to the endless descriptions. Then it takes off.......and wow, does it take off.

I have already started the second in the series, and I am determined to buy the first season on DVD.

Remember......
“When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.”
“Winter is coming.”






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Really like your review. I've been watching the show and LOVE IT!! But the books have always intimidated me, but I'm definitely planning on getting through them. Your review got me more excited to read them!
Hope you have a great weekend :)
Caroline @ Bon Bons and Reveries

A Journey in Reading said...

Hi Caroline! Thanks for stopping by. I am loving the books...I'm half way through the second book now and it keeps getting better!! I did go buy the DVD sets and had a season 1 marathon yesterday! Have a great weekend!!!