Friday, November 25, 2011

TGIF!


Hello everyone!  I hope that all who celebrate Thanksgiving had a wonderful day yesterday spent with family and friends.  If you are one of the brave souls who are out shopping today, be careful... it can be pure craziness!  It just doesn't seem like Christmas should be just a few weeks away.

Today I decided that I would participate in the new meme hosted by Ginger @ GReads!  It's a weekly meme where she poses questions to us every Friday.


 
This Friday's Question:

When You're Not Reading: What occupies your time 
when your nose isn't stuck in a book?

When I'm not reading, I am usually working, spending time with family, or surfing Goodreads, Barnes & Noble, or any other book related site.  I know, I know! 

I work in an open heart ICU and love it, but sometimes it wears on you physically and emotionally. It's great to see the people get better and be able to return home to their families, and then there are the ones who don't do well.  The group of people that I work with are really great and we are all supportive of each other when we "need a moment" 





 






I have two grown boys who I love to spend time with.  They always keep me on my toes by being typical boys, they keep me laughing, grounded and aware of what really matters.  I would rather spend time with them than I had any other people.


  






I also have an amazing grandson who is THE best.  Nothing better than coming in from work and him meeting me at the door with "Mimi, I missed you!" 











And coming up in January, I am going back to graduate school.  They always say that the medical field is a never ending education and they would be correct!  It will drastically cut into my reading "for fun" time...but that's ok too, right??









So, what do YOU do when you're not reading??? 


2 comments:

Alexa S. said...

Wow, congratulations on going back to grad school! I truly believe learning never ends - so it's awesome in my opinion :)

La Toya said...

HAHA what a fun picture of your sons!! I love all these pictures lol. That's amazing that you work in ICU...but I can imagine that it would be really taxing as well!!

xo,
Lah @ LazyGirl Reads