Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. The topics are different each week. Be sure to stop by and check it out and join in!
This weeks topic is: Top Ten Reasons Why We Love Book Blogging!
1. I have been able to correspond with so many people that I may never had the chance to otherwise. I have corresponded with other blogger, authors, and publishers that if it had not been for blogging, I never would have had that chance.
2. Not many people in my real life (none that I can sit here and think immediately of), read as much as I do and they don't understand my love of reading. Book blogging has given me the opportunity to share my love of reading with those just like me.
3. Book blogging has expanded the types of books that I read. Now I read more than I used to, if that is possible and I read just about any type of book.
4. I love that I can read others views and opinions on books. I may look at a book one way, but someone else down the blog road can read the same book and get something totally different out of it that I didn't think about.
5. The book recommendations!!!! I don't think that I would have picked up Delirium by Lauren Oliver had it not been for some of the reviews that I read. And I am soooo glad that I did. It's one of the best books I have read this year!
6. I get to learn or hear about books that are not yet published well ahead of time. With things like GoodReads, BEA, NetGalley, ALA, etc I have found some wonderful books that I am so looking forward to that are coming out.
7. I don't feel alone when I read a book. I know that when I finish a book, I can come hear and post a review and know that I can actually have a discussion about the book with other people who love to read.
8. I get to recommend books to others!!!!
9. I can follow authors on their blogs, twitter and facebook. Before I started blogging... that was non-existent.
10. This is probably the main reason I love book blogging........the other bloggers!! Book blogging has a sense of community (Anyone remember #YAsaves??) In the real world, it doesn't seem that people stick together or stand up for one another. In the blogging world, there are so many people that I follow and who follow me that I have no doubt would be some of my best friends in the real life simply because of their passion, dependability and their "gotcha covered" attitudes.