Thursday, December 30, 2010

Throwback Thursday

I came across this meme tonight and thought it was perfect and different from all the others that I have seen.  Thanks to Take Me Away for doing it.

The purpose is to highlight a "throwback" or an older book that deserves some recognition.

Throwbacks can be:
  • a book you've read and loved, or a book you've always wanted to read
  • a book that brings back memories for you
  • from as far back as your childhood, or just from last year
  • a classic or a hidden gem



 
  My throwback this week is: To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee.  I know that it has gotten a good bit of publicity over the past year with it being the 50th anniversary of its release, however, this was the book that began and solidified my love of reading.  I still to this day years later (we won't mention how many) absolutely adore this book.  I also still have a "crush" on Atticus Finch. 



1 comment:

Liz said...

I read this back in in high school & can hardly remember it. All I know is that Gregory Peck as Atticus Finch is HOT!

I plan on reading this book next year.